Shop By Bike
1997-2003 GL1500C/F/T Valkyrie Explorer™ Special Seat
Brand Fitment: Honda
Model Fitment: GL1500C/F/T VALKYRIE
Year Fitment: 1997-2003
Explorer Family of Seats
Product Overview (HD)
Saddlemen® Explorer™ Special touring seats are engineered to provide mile after mile of uncompromising comfort. Our development team has brought together years of experience, top of the line materials and cutting edge manufacturing processes resulting in a show bike appearance with unparalleled comfort.
These seats feature deep sculptured saddles with the most refined contours ever developed, painstakingly perfected to provide comfortable, even support. The exclusive split-cushion saddle separates the lumbar support and seat cushions so they compress independently, reducing tail and hip bone pressure and the tendency to slide forward.
The hand-crafted cover includes our classic stitch-top, leather-grain SaddleHyde™ with sparkling chrome studs. Under the seat’s cover lays a plush layer of headliner foam for a supple touch. Beneath that comes another key comfort ingredient: large pads of Saddlemen’s® proprietary SaddleGel™ that damps vibration while providing outstanding supportive qualities. A foundation of our progressive density foam is the suspension system of the seat offering steadfast support that will not break down after long miles or many years of use.
You can select an Explorer Special with Saddlemen’s® optional built-in backrest that has position adjustments, removes instantly without tools and folds forward to ease passenger access. Saddlemen’s® backrest provides plenty of lower back support and does not interfere with the passengers legs. The storage pouch is standard with the backrest, providing a great quick-access point for your passenger’s belongings.
Don’t accept anything less as you cannot buy a better seat. Winning show bike looks, luxurious comfort, top quality and innovative features, designed and engineered specifically for nearly all popular touring and cruiser motorcycles – all great reasons to choose Saddlemen®.
- A sharp, custom version of Saddlemen’s® popular touring seat that is engineered and styled to add superb comfort and quality to touring-type and cruiser motorcycles
- The seat’s contours have been carefully developed using our decades of experience to provide mile after mile of riding pleasure
- Explorer™ Special seats generally have the same height as the motorcycle’s original seat, but with a carefully shaped front section so the rider can better touch the ground at stops
- Leather-grain SaddleHyde™ seat cover offers excellent comfort with classic feel but is weather-resistant providing for low-maintenance ownership
- This stitch-top cover provides initial pushiness and a custom appearance while the progressive density foam and SaddleGel™ foundation for both driver and passenger offers supportive comfort for hours on end.
- Accent rows of dozens of perfectly spaced chrome studs add the right level of custom to your seat
- Exclusive, unique split-cushion design separates the seating surface from the lumbar support, reducing tailbone and back pressure for maximum long-range comfort
- These seats feature large, plush lumbar sections that support the driver’s back and posterior so well that big miles add up before you notice it
- The passenger section has been altered to improve comfort by strategically adding foam height and shaping the seating area so the passenger is not forced into the driver and has a better view over the driver’s shoulder.
- Special care was taken so the seat’s pillion area fits well with backrests or rear trunks
- The Explorer Special seat is also available with a built-in Saddlemen® driver’s backrest that can be adjusted both horizontally and vertically to the rider’s back and is removable for a sleek appearance
- The seat’s carefully engineered, gel-coated marine-grade fiberglass base with plated hardware is the foundation for a long service life
- Each seat is easy-to-install with all necessary mounting hardware and instructions included.
- Designed and made in the U.S.A.
1997 Honda Valkyrie GL1500C Valkyrie Cruiser
1997 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CT Valkyrie Tourer
1998 Honda Valkyrie GL1500C Valkyrie Cruiser
1998 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CT Valkyrie Tourer
1999 Honda Valkyrie GL1500C Valkyrie Cruiser
1999 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
1999 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CT Valkyrie Tourer
2000 Honda Valkyrie GL1500C Valkyrie Cruiser
2000 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
2000 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CT Valkyrie Tourer
2001 Honda Valkyrie GL1500C Valkyrie Cruiser
2001 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
2001 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CT Valkyrie Tourer
2002 Honda Valkyrie GL1500C Valkyrie Cruiser
2003 Honda Valkyrie GL1500C Valkyrie Cruiser
Typical Outline – Your Seat May Vary
Selecting the proper Saddlemen seat should begin with the question, “How long in the saddle and riding style or preference?” Knowing the comfort a rider will need will aim them at the best type of seats for their intended use and then they can further hone their choice by looking at seats that would that complement their motorcycle and styling preference.
Saddlemen seats are a result of Integrated Design Philosophy (IDP™), which focuses on putting as much comfort into the seat as possible. IDP™ then takes styling cues from each motorcycle and incorporates them into the contours and patterns of each new seat. The result is a seat that is as comfortable as possible but also looks and fits perfectly on the motorcycle. Saddlemen’s craftsmanship and quality assures you of an enjoyable ride – regardless of the distance.
By combining the attributes of our proprietary SaddleGel and advanced Progressive Density Foam we create exceptional foundations that provide superior comfort and vehicle control. While thick seat foams are usually more comfortable, Saddlemen’s Gel-Core technology is used in every seat to produce excellent comfort regardless of its thickness. That’s why a slammed-down Saddlemen seat, such as the Profiler, rides so much more comfortably than other seats of a similar thickness. So if a thin Saddlemen seat is comfortable, imagine how plush a thick seat like a Road Sofa or an Explorer will be.
When creating a new seat, additional attention is always devoted to overcoming deficiencies that exist in the stock seat or other after market seats. Our designers use advanced engineering plus practical riding experience to forge seats that ride comfortably, look great and fit perfectly. For example, rigid plastic or resin-based seat pans with plated brackets provide superior fitment for easy, hassle-free installation. Riders will need to carefully study the attributes of each Saddlemen seat so they can learn how it can improve their riding experience. ese seat types are:
Seats for Long Distance or “Touring”
These seats are aimed at users who will lay down 500+ miles open road in a day. Large, plush double bucket seats designed to keep rider and passenger in supreme comfort during long distance riding.
Day Cruising Two-up Seats
These seats are great for cruising and day trips (200 mile tours). Still a significant improvement in comfort of the original saddle, these seats aim for balance between style and comfort making for an enjoyable journey.
Low Profile Two-up Seats
Low slung, trim stylish seats that include seating for a passenger. The lean and minimalistic approach significantly complements the motorcycle’s lines. Not as well suited for long distance use as an Explorer seat, but they are the most comfortable slammed-down seats you can get. Great for (urban) boulevard cruising.
Renegade Solo & Pillions
These Rider-only seats are also great for cruising and day trips as they provide a superb level of comfort while looking great as only a solo saddle can. Matching pillion seats are available.
Slammed Solo's (S3) Seats
Low slung, trim stylish seats for lone riders. The lean and minimalistic style complements the motorcycle’s lines. Not as well suited for long distance use as an Explorer seat, but they are the most comfortable slammed-down seats you can get. Great for casual riding (no backrest options - see Universal Detachable Pillions Pad for passenger seating).
Pro Series Seats
Saddlemen’s seat artisans occasionally partner with leading bike builders to create special edition seats. Not as well suited for long distance use as an Explorer seat, but very comfortable for urban cruising with a unique appearance.
Specialty rider-only seats that feature the ubiquitous hump at the back of the seat. While aimed at style, the seat is very comfortable for urban cruising.