Shop By Bike
2008-2020 FLHR, FLHT, FLHX & FLTR Renegade S3™ Solo Seat
Brand Fitment: Harley-Davidson
Model Fitment: FLHR, FLHT, FLHX & FLTR (TOURING MODELS) - EXCLUDES TRIKES
Year Fitment: 2008-2021
Saddlemen Three Points Of Contact
Product Overview (HD)
• The new Renegade S3 goes low; really low to create a stylish saddle so thin it barely covers the bike's battery.
• The perfect seat choice if you’re taking a minimalistic approach with your ride – just a seat for yourself, no passenger pillion
• S3 is the code name for "Super Slammed Solo" and that's no joke. Since it's a Saddlemen®-engineered product, the fit and finish matches its street-smart looks
• The solo seat’s shape and contours have been carefully developed using our decades of custom seat experience to create a clean look uncluttered by excessive seams
• This careful sculpting of the seat not only creates a smart style, but it gives riders a short leg reach to the ground for confident stops
• Our SaddleHyde™ cover offers excellent comfort with a classic feel and are weather-resistant for low-maintenance ownership
• The progressive density foam and GEL foundation offers a surprising amount of supportive comfort for a slammed solo seat
• Gel-coated, marine grade fiberglass pans and chrome brackets make sure the seat is durable for decades of riding.
• Easy to install – just like the bike’s original seat. Some seats include additional mounting hardware as needed
• Designed and made in the U.S.A.
Typical Outline – Your Seat May Vary
Selecting the proper Saddlemen seat should begin with the question, “How many miles do I ride in the day, and what is my riding style or preference?” Understanding these questions can guide you to the best type of seat for its intended use, then further hone the choice by looking at a seat that would complement the motorcycle or your styling preference.
Saddlemen seats are a result of Integrated Design Philosophy (IDP™), which focuses on putting as much comfort into the seat as possible. IDP™ then takes styling cues from each motorcycle and incorporates them into the contours and patterns of each new seat. The result is a seat that is as comfortable as possible but also looks and fits perfectly on the motorcycle. Saddlemen’s craftsmanship and quality assure you of an enjoyable ride – regardless of the distance.
By combining the attributes of our proprietary SaddleGel and advanced Progressive Density Foam, we create exceptional foundations that provide superior comfort and vehicle control. While thick seat foams are usually more comfortable, Saddlemen’s Gel-Core technology is used in every seat to produce excellent comfort regardless of its thickness. That’s why a slammed-down Saddlemen seat, such as the Profiler, rides so much more comfortable than other seats of a similar thickness. So if a thin Saddlemen seat is comfortable, imagine how plush a thick seat like a Road Sofa or an Explorer will be.
When creating a new seat, additional attention is always devoted to overcoming deficiencies that exist in the stock seat or other aftermarket seats. Our designers use advanced engineering plus practical riding experience to forge seats that ride comfortably, look great, and fit perfectly. For example, rigid plastic or resin-based seat pans with plated brackets provide superior fitment for easy, hassle-free installation. Riders will need to carefully study the attributes of each Saddlemen seat so they can learn how it can improve their riding experience. These seat types are:
Seats for Long Distance or “Touring”
These seats are aimed at users who will lay down 500+ miles open road in a day. Large, plush double bucket seats designed to keep rider and passenger in supreme comfort during long-distance riding.
Day Cruising Two-up Seats
These seats are great for cruising and day trips (200-mile tours). Still a significant improvement in the comfort of the original saddle, these seats aim for a balance between style and comfort, making for an enjoyable journey.
Low Profile Two-up Seats
Low slung trim, stylish seats that include seating for a passenger. The lean and minimalistic approach significantly complements the motorcycle’s lines. Not as well suited for long-distance use as an Explorer seat, but they are the most comfortable slammed-down seats you can get. Great for (urban) boulevard cruising.
Renegade Solo & Pillions
These Rider-only seats are also great for cruising and day trips as they provide a superb level of comfort while looking great as only a solo saddle can. Matching pillion seats are available.
Slammed Solo's (S3) Seats
Low slung trim, stylish seats for lone riders. The lean and minimalistic style complements the motorcycle’s lines. Not as well suited for long-distance use as an Explorer seat, but they are the most comfortable slammed-down seats you can get. Great for casual riding (no backrest options - see Universal Detachable Pillions Pad for passenger seating).
Pro Series Seats
Saddlemen’s seat artisans occasionally partner with leading bike builders to create special edition seats. Not as well suited for long-distance use as an Explorer seat, but very comfortable for urban cruising with a unique appearance.
Specialty rider-only seats that feature the ubiquitous hump at the back of the seat. While aimed at style, the seat is very comfortable for urban cruising.